Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Well, the good news is that Alan and I won't be missing or craving Cafe Rio pork salads for a while. The bad news is that the reason we won't be missing them is because we both got sooooo sick Tuesday night after I made them. I don't know what part of the salad it was, but it had both of us puking our guts out all night long and pretty much all day Wednesday. It was miserable. Thankfully, Austin was just fine and happy as ever. And one of our good friends was able to come and take Austin for a few hours in the afternoon so that Alan and I could rest. And we're feeling much better today. But I'll tell you what, being THAT sick with an 8 month old and no spouse (or mommy) to take care of you...sucks. It's amazing how grateful I am today for little things like the fact that I can stand up without throwing up. Wow.

So, if you don't feel like passing out or vomiting every time you stand up today, be thankful!

And don't mention pork salads to me or Alan for a few months...

3 comments:

Angela Dougherty said...

Oh no!! How sad! But just to let you know, it may not have been the pork salad that did it to you, because there's a vomiting flu that has been going around. It doesn't have any sort of fever or anything else attached to it, just throwing up like crazy for about 24 hours. Jake had it and he couldn't keep a single thing down, not even water, and I know a bunch of other people that have had it too. Anyway, at least I hope it wasn't the pork salad because that would be a sad thing to never eat again!!!

Tawnya said...

wow...glad you didn't share with us! :)

Kara said...

I'm sorry! That sounds completely awful!